Location: 1871 - Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL & Remote (in Chicagoland) Pay: Commensurate with Experience
BUNDLAR is seeking a full time Backend Developer to join our team! You will be responsible for developing & maintaining our augmented reality content management system API.
Augmented Reality has been difficult and costly for organizations to implement. BUNDLAR is an accessible web platform that enables creative teams to build, edit, and instantly publish AR experiences to any supported mobile device. The BUNDLAR web app vastly reduces the time and cost to implement AR into existing communication channels. Our customers use our web app to create and deploy augmented reality applications to multiple industry verticals including training, learning, and development.
Our growing team is looking to add an experienced Backend Engineer to help develop and maintain our Augmented Reality API.
You will play an integral role on the BUNDLAR team and will work closely with our founders, project managers, and tech team. You will have the opportunity to create and enhance our platform by developing new features and upgrading existing features.
You will need to have development project experience, strong problem solving skills, analytical skills, and a desire to create solutions using code. This position is currently remote (in Chicagoland), but expect to transition back to working at 1871 in the Merchandise Mart 1-2 days each week in the future.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs that users can rely on
- Debug production issues across services
- Work with engineers across the company to ship interoperable products on strong foundations
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes on a rapidly growing team
- Experience using Python, Django, Linux & REST
- Experience deploying solutions using AWS and other cloud services
- Enjoy thinking rigorously about API design and diving deep into the details
- Experience using Git, GitHub, or BitBucket to commit code
- Passion for development and desire to work with other developers
- Familiarity with committing code using Git, GitHub, or BitBucket
- Familiarity with software development life cycles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
Additional skills considered a plus
- Experience with augmented or virtual reality
- Familiarity with Unity 3D
- Experience with web content management systems
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
- Flexible Work Environment
- Access to the 1871 Ecosystem - Chicago’s Largest Tech Incubator
- Opportunity for advancement and leadership
How to Contact Us
If you think you’re a good fit, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Introduce yourself, and include your resume.